CUSTOMER BENEFITS OF CLOUD
Hosted UC refers to a communication system that uses Voice IP to provide a Cloud-based phone system and messaging systems for businesses. Often this service is provided by a network service provider as a part of an overall network solution. This type of solution provides a customer with the ultimate in flexibility as access to “seats” are typically purchased on a monthly basis and can scale up and down as needed. The hosted infrastructure required to provide UC functions (chat, presence, etc.) resides in the data center of your service provider. Your IP connection to the cloud allows users to access that functionality. Back-end infrastructure is all bundled for a monthly fee.
Customers also enjoy the flexibility of the actual dial tone access being provided by the provider in a scalable fashion as well. Customers also are out of the phone system management business, and the uptime and investment in keeping the solution running stays with the Hosted provider.
Enterprise features are available for even small-scale customers, giving them the ability to purchase advanced solutions like contact center typically on a one off basis. Providers work hard at delivering Hosted VOIP as reliable as possible, allowing a customer to scale to meet demand.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- Are you looking for a cost-effective way to manage your communications?
- Are you looking for a dependable cloud UC Vendor with advanced features?
- Are you looking for the flexibility to communicate and work from anywhere securely?
- Do you have a disaster avoidance plan in place today?
- Would it be beneficial to have a system where any employee can easily and securely self-manage its features without needing management or IT support?
- Do you have multiple locations or looking to add locations in the future?
- Are you looking to add call center solutions in the future?
- Do you need your communications platform to integrate with your CRM?
- What type of collaboration tools do you use?
LISTEN FOR THESE COMMENTS:
- Need a highly adaptable multi-location solution.
- Our current PBX solution is too complex and requires on-site expertise and maintenance.
- We are exploring moving our communications system to the “cloud” with minimal effort and downtime.
- We are frustrated with our current provider.
- We are moving or opening new locations and need to scale quickly.
- We have a remote workforce.
- We want a solution that is mobile friendly.
- We have a critical infrastructure; the service always needs to work.
- We are worried about redundancy.
- We need the service turned up ASAP.
- We’d like our service to integrate with our CRM or office 365 products.
SEARCH HOSTED UC IN GEOQUOTE
In the Telarus Back Office, partners can go to a customer record, and in the GeoQuote section, there is a D (for data) and a V (for voice). Click on the voice option to go to step two where you will select Hosted VoIP. There are a few big questions you would want to ask a customer first before shopping for providers, including number of seats, hosted or hybrid solution, CRM integrations, call center functionality, government or school district, platform, international DIDs, and contract term. Once you answer these questions, you can filer the results to get the best fit for your client.
ZK Research shows that, on average, 83%of IT budgets are used to “keep the lights on,” meaning only 17% of the budget is used for strategic initiatives. Rather than asking for a bigger budget, the easier way to increase the amount of money dedicated to strategic initiatives is to shrink by 83% by using products and services that improve the operational efficiency of IT. That’s what a hosted UC solution can do. Here are the top reasons why:
- Centralized management and administration.
- Rapid expansion of services to remote locations.
- Enablement of BYOD.
- Efficient use of budget including lower barrier to entry, better budget planning, and efficient use of IT Staffing.
- Application diversity.