Under pressure to deliver exceptional experiences in every interaction, healthcare organizations are rethinking their approach to customer service in the digital age. As on-premises medical call centers buckle under disjointed systems and inefficient processes, companies are discovering the benefits of cloud-based Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) solutions.
Traditional in-house call centers can be cost-prohibitive, requiring hefty capital investments and expensive maintenance expenses that bog down valuable IT resources. On-premises infrastructure is also incredibly inflexible, forcing agents to toggle between siloed systems, which can fragment the experience for frustrated patients.
By implementing CCaaS through Dynamic Network Advisors, healthcare companies can transform their contact centers, streamline the complexities of multichannel communication, and reduce costs—all while improving the experience for patients and agents alike. Here’s how.
Moving medical call centers to the cloud with CCaaS
Scheduling medical appointments can be a frustrating process for patients, who often endure long wait times as their requests get redirected through multiple departments and various software systems. Contact Center as a Service streamlines these inefficiencies by enabling seamless omnichannel communication through a single cloud-based platform, making it easier for agents to provide timely service.
By moving on-premises call center operations to the cloud, healthcare organizations can tap into these key benefits:
- Unlimited flexibility: While traditional call centers are confined by limited capacity, agent availability, and fixed functionality, cloud contact center solutions enable frictionless agility. Through CCaaS, companies can easily switch between channels and applications, add or subtract users, upgrade features, and scale capacity to handle fluctuating call volumes. This flexibility allows contact centers to implement new technologies instantly, without the time commitment and price tag typically required to modify on-premises infrastructure.
- Improved efficiency: Antiquated call centers force agents to toggle between a patchwork of unconnected interfaces while patients wait for answers. By automating manual tasks like routing calls and sending appointment reminders, CCaaS empowers agents to deliver more personalized customer service while freeing on-site resources to focus on other priorities. Features such as interactive voice response (IVR) and precision-based routing ensure that both agents and patients have faster access to the information they need.
- Enhanced customer experience: Compared to cumbersome on-premises systems, a cloud-based medical contact center delivers a simplified patient experience. Agents have access to all the applications they need on any device, so they can focus on serving callers instead of navigating layers of software. As a result, customers get the timely, hassle-free service they expect, regardless of the channel they choose.
Combining CCaaS and UCaaS
Healthcare organizations can further maximize these benefits by pairing cloud contact center technologies with Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to consolidate voice, video, messaging, and conferencing capabilities onto a single cloud-based platform.
While CCaaS is designed to streamline customer communication in the call center, UCaaS is typically focused on improving internal collaboration for organizations. Although these two solutions are typically used by separate departments for different purposes, these technologies can work together to supercharge a healthcare organization’s communication infrastructure from the inside out.
By bundling both services together, companies can simplify complex enterprise communications to unlock benefits like:
- Uninterrupted continuity: Moving contact center operations and other communications to the cloud adds a layer of redundancy by backing up data with 100% reliability. While fire, power outages, or other disasters could knock an on-premises system offline indefinitely, cloud solutions guarantee disaster recovery to keep operations running without interruption.
- Superior telecommunications: By integrating every enterprise communication application into a single cloud-based platform, companies can unify their telecommunications strategy to deliver an omnichannel customer experience. A cloud-based contact center backed by UCaaS can support agents working remotely while providing robust toolsets to help them connect with colleagues, customers, and other resources in real-time.
- Significant cost savings: The subscription-based licensing model of a cloud-based Contact Center as a Service solution offers companies the ability to pay only for the features they use. This eliminates the challenge of large capital expenses and unexpected maintenance costs in lieu of a predictable monthly payment that allows healthcare IT departments to budget for growth.
Streamlining communications on the cloud
As communication channels and technologies evolve, healthcare organizations must adapt to stay connected with their patients. By moving contact center operations and enterprise communications to the cloud, companies can reduce the costs and complexities that typically accompany omnichannel communication. By harnessing UCaaS and CCaaS together, organizations can increase efficiencies and improve customer interactions through the power of the cloud.
Contact Dynamic to learn how Contact Center as a Service can transform the customer experience at your organization.